Saturday, November 8, 2008

Community Inquiry Project

After consulting with my professor I've narrowed my topic of interest to "The challenges adolescent African- American males face in urban communities". My original topic was quite broad and needed to be tailored. Now beginning the research for my chosen topic I'm starting to wonder if I need to tailor my topic even more. Two things that I found interesting while doing my research are how the suicide rate has increased over the past 20 years for African American males and that suicide intervention programs are not helping to reduce suicide rates. I learned that ones vulnerability to suicide can be linked to his community , economic status, and family support.

The article I would like to share:
Ready to die: a postmodern interpretation of the increase of African-American adolescent male suicide

1 comment:

rg said...

OK, so share!. And I think this is an important topic. Let's talk more in class.